• Dundee: 01382 204030 Aberdeen: 01224 421414 Perth: 01738 230900 Fife: 01383 668800

The effects of a gas explosion can be devastating so it is important to take immediate steps if you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance.

You should call the Transco free 24-hour emergency line on 0800 111 999 immediately and they will send an engineer to check the gas supply.  You will not be charged for this service.


– Know where your gas supply enters your property and find out how to turn it off

– Ensure that carbon monoxide and fire alarms are fitted and regularly tested.

You Should Also

Turn off the Gas supply. This will assist stopping of harmful gasses.

Open Windows and doors to ventilate the property.

Extinguish all direct sources of ignition i.e candles and naked flames.

You Should Avoid

Do not switch electric light or power switches on or off as a spark inside the switch can ignite the gas.

Do not smoke.

For Further information please visit the Gas Safe Register website – www.gassaferegister.co.uk